Career and Technical Education Frequently Asked Questions

How can I obtain licensure to teach the Discovery courses?
For information concerning registration for Content and Methods Courses required for licensure, please contact::

Dr. Leanne Long, Project Manger
Research and Curriculum Unit
Mississippi State University
P.O. Drawer DX
Mississippi State, MS 39762
Phone: 662.355.2510

For dates of summer courses, access Continuing Education at Mississippi State.

I forgot my password to MSIS. What do I do? 
E-mail the MDE security administrator.

Include your name, social security number, username and telephone number.

When do I use MSIS?

Use MSIS to:

  • Update vocational teacher budget
  • Print teacher budget
  • Enter yearly placement information
  • View course codes and descriptions
  • View CIP codes and descriptions
  • View personnel schedules
  • View personnel certifications
Office of Career and Technical Education      Phone: (601) 359-3461      Fax: (601) 359-3481

Copyright All Rights Reserved.