Mississippi Educator and Administrator Growth System Training
(M-STAR and MPES)
Observation and Feedback
This training is designed for school/district level administrators and observers. The goals of the training are as follows:
- Introduce observers and administrators to the components of the revised system.
- Prepare observers and administrators to accurately use the teacher and principal growth rubrics to produce unbiased, rigorous assessments of instructional practice.
- Prepare observers and administrators to provide clear, specific, actionable, and timely feedback to improve practice and increase student achievement.
For training dates and registration directions, please contact your local Regional Educator Service Agency (RESA).
RESA Contact Information:
Delta Area Association for Improvement of Schools (DAAIS)
East Mississippi Center for Educational Development (EMCED)
Gulf Coast Education Initiative Consortium (GCEIC)
North Mississippi Education Consortium (NMEC)
Southwest MS Education Consortium (SMEC)
601-979-8894 or 601-979-8888
Southern-Regional Education Service Agency (S-RESA)
The MDE has scheduled three regional Saturday trainings for teachers to learn about the new teacher professional growth system, formerly known as M-STAR. The trainings will last for approximately three hours. The teacher training schedule and registration instructions are as follows:
Saturday, September 10, 2016: Leflore County Civic Center (200 MS-7, Greenwood, MS 38930), 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
Saturday, September 17, 2016: Reservoir Pointe (140 Madison Landing, Ridgeland, MS 39157), 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
Saturday, September 24, 2016: Oxford Conference Center 102 Ed Perry Blvd, Oxford, MS 38655), 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
1. Go to here.
2. Login to GoSignMeUp or create a new account.
3. Click on "Department of Education."
4. Click on "Office of the Mississippi Teacher Center."
5. Find "MSTAR Teacher Training" and select your preferred training region/location.
6. Click "Register."
7. Click "Enroll" in your shopping cart.
8. Confirm the training dates/location and click "Submit."
9. A confirmation email will be sent to you.
For more information about the teacher trainings, please contact Candace Wright at 601-359-3631 or by email at email@example.com.