Career and Technical Education

Licensure to Teach

In Mississippi, the first step in obtaining a teaching license in Career and Technical Education is to get a teaching position at a CTE center. Next, ask your Career & Technical center director to complete an application, sign it, and send it along with all required attachments to the appropriate personnel as directed in the application packet.

You may apply for a license if you have an Associate Degree up to a doctoral degree. Depending on your highest degree earned, you must establish expertise in the field in which you want to teach by logging a certain number of years of experience in that field.

Click here to learn more about the Vocational Instructor Preparation (VIP) Program.

Office of Career and Technical Education      Phone: (601) 359-3461      Fax: (601) 359-3481

Copyright © 2012 Mississippi Department of Education
Website Accessibility StatementAgency Web DisclaimerNotice of Non-Discrimination